I LOVE THIS!!!!!! PRINT and SHARE
To: All Sales Representatives
From: Hot Prospect
Subject: Conditions for Seeing Me
You have requested some of my valuable time. I understand that it is your job to do this. You must understand that if I saw every representative that requested an appointment; it would be a full-time job. I may agree to see you if you adhere to the following guidelines.
- Do not attempt to sell me anything until you understand my needs, challenges, and past experiences.
- Do not pressure me into doing business with you. The more you push the less I will respond.
- Don’t demean or criticize your competitors. If you do this, I will ask you to leave. I don’t mind if you make a valid comparison. Gossip, however, contributes nothing of value to my business.
- Be clear, concise, and articulate. If I agree to see you, I expect you to describe with the highest degree of professionalism how your product will benefit my business. If you ramble you will lose my attention.
- I prefer ideas rather than programs. Be prepared to offer me your best ideas and opportunities. Programs that give me a “good deal” on products that don’t best fit my needs tend to work better for you than for me. Show me the plans that you would buy if you were me.
- Be a resource. Learn about my business and show me that you care. You can’t get results for me if you don’t know what’s going on in my world.
- Listen as much as you talk, and don’t waste my time.
Now you have my conditions for an appointment. Please sign it and get back to me. Then call again, and I will give you my valuable time.
Your Average Prospect